Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Preschool


So, at what age is it appropriate to start "school" type activities? I am thinking I might be rushing things way too much. I want to go ahead and start with identifying objects using flash cards. I love the Montessori philosophy and would love to introduce some of the ideas I am reading about.

I have found quite a few blogs regarding homeschooling in the Montessori tradition. I find myself bookmarking and cutting and pasting so much material. I have printed out pages upon pages of ideas and downloaded quite a bit too. I know little one is not even 1 1/2 yet but I just find it so interesting.

I am hoping we are financially able for me to home school for the first few years of little one's education. Ideally, I would like to keep her at home from Kindergarten until 3rd grade. I'm not sure if that will happen but it is a goal we are striving for. Because of that goal, we (the hubby and I) have also considered moving to a more home school friendly area. I've noticed many of the parks in NC have home school days once a month for science.

We are still hoping to make a move to the northern Tennessee or Western NC area in the next 4 or 5 years. There are alot of ifs and variables but it is a definite possibility.

The picture is my mom reading to the little one the day we got back from our NC vacation.

No comments: