Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Pros and cons; positives and negatives; the good and the bad; and more

The hubby and I continue to contemplate a move to Western NC-we have pretty much made up our minds that it will happen and within the next 2 1/2 years. We even have a 4 county area picked out. HOWEVER, some people (in other words family) don't think it's a good idea. So, I used the old "make a list" way of looking at options. We, well mostly me, sat down and listed the positives and negatives of moving to a new state, specifically NC.

On the positive side

- seasons

- it's cooler

- no hurricanes

- mountains

- snow

- more affordable housing

- lower property taxes

- more home school "friendly"

- closer to "rock and gem" places, a passion of mine

- variety of state parks close by

- easier to grow a garden, hubby says not important, I say it is

- closer to sisters, provided they stay in the ATL area

On the negative side

- we will pretty much know no one

-the move itself (time, expenses)

-the possibility of 2 payments if our house does not have a renter

-it's cold

-long way from the beach

-snow

-some of the roads scare me

-less visits from his parents

-possibly less visits from the sisters now we aren't close to the beach

-new job for me..at least a part time one

-possibility of moving my parents for the 2nd time (not sure what the future holds in that area)

So, bottom line, we have alot to think about. I am determined to make it happen and so is the hubby. For me, the positive outweighs the negative and I think it does for him too. I'm just scared of change. We just need to set a time plan, make a plan, stick to it, and pray about it.

No comments: