Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas Spirit

I hate to say it but I'm not really in the "Christmas Spirit". I'm in more of a pensive mood this year. I cherish my family, the reality that God sent his son for me and others, and memories I have made over the years.
I'm not in the mood for parties and celebrations that really have nothing to do with Christmas is about. My efforts at decorating have been half-hearted, my baking minimal, and my other typical preparation sparse. However, I know this too shall pass. Maybe next Christmas will find me more in a celebratory type frame of mind.
I am super excited about my upcoming trip to the mountains. A little alarmed about how cold it's going to be but excited just the same. I may get to mark off something on my bucket list-waking up to snow on Christmas morning.

Merry Christmas!

No comments: