Monday, January 24, 2011

Chemicals and Products

Okay, I'm not one of the majorly green or thrifty/frugal kind of people but I was a bit suprised by the sheer amount of products/chemicals I use in a day-heck just in the morning.
Just this morning I used body wash, soap, face cleanser/scrub, shampoo, conditioner, defrizz/smoothing lotion, deodarant, hairspray, lotion, and toothpaste. All I can say is Oh My Gosh-that is RIDICULOUS. Oh I forgot I put on powder foundation, lip balm and gloss, perfume and have used hand sanitizer already today.
So, how to reduce all this? I'm not completely sure...I like products :) Just ask the hubby.
I am in the process of convincing the hubby to go to DIY laundry detergent and fabric softener-not sure I will have much success with giving up even more conveniences. I try to use baking soda for cleaning when possible but must admit I like soft scrub, spic and span, and scrubbing bubbles. AND the idea of vinegar for cleaning seems so icky to me, I hate hate hate the smell of vinegar.
OK, done with my random post. Will update on my changes, IF I make any.

No comments: