Monday, November 24, 2008

Interrupted Sleep

Last night, R again woke up at 3:30 am crying. This has been an almost nightly occurence for the past 2 + weeks. She isn't quite awake, but not fully asleep either when this occurs. As usual, we attempt to soothe her with no success. One of us almost always ends up making her a bottle and POOF she's better. So, you are thinking-just go ahead and give her the bottle and be done with it. Well, that would work except sometimes she just pushes the bottle away and keeps crying. Sometimes it's a low whine, sometimes it's a cry, and sometimes it is a wail!!
This has happened off an on now for a few months, but as I said before-it is frequent now. I have tried feeding her grits at night to fill her up-this has worked a few times or it may have just been a fluke.
Hopefully, little one is just growing through a growth spurt and her hungry nerve will settle down soon. Until then, Caffeine is my friend.

1 comment:

kym said...

I feel your pain! I have tried yogurt and bannanas before bed, the pat them and go away method, the hold them in my bed method....and I can only tell you...sooner or later they sleep most nights all the way through. Is she getting her molars? Have you tried white noise?
I added a follower widget or whatever they call it to my blog! I love that we can keep up with each other this way! Cool, huh? Kym