Thursday, June 11, 2009

Pain, quick trip, and more


Wow...it's Thursday already and I am so far behind with household chores, not to mention paperwork. I spent my weekend in pain and under the influence of narcotics. I HAD a cavity that needed a root canal but thought I could wait until the end of the month to get it fixed. I had it all planned out- I would go to Tuscaloosa on a Thursday, go to the dentist on Friday, and have the rest of the weekend to spend with my Mom and Dad. Well, it didn't work that way.
On Friday evening, I was downing alleve and tylenol in copius quantities. By Saturday, I was taking my neighbor's meds. Saturday night ended with a trip to the ER for pain meds and antibiotics. I spent most of Saturday and all day Sunday sleeping-opiates knock me out. On MOnday morning, the hubby started calling around looking for someone who could see me ASAP. He called a random dentist in Mobile and they said they could see me that afternoon. After hearing this, we threw clothjes in a suitcase for us and R, grabbed extra diapers and a sippy cup and headed out. We made a speedy trip to Mobile and the dentisit saw me as soon as I got there.
The experience was not a pleasant one BUT it was not as painful as I expected. The dentist was thorough and gentle, the staff was friendly and it was cheaper than having it done here in PC. 900$ later..I'm no longer in pain.
R did get to spend a little time with her grandparents and we were able to rest a little before driving home the next day. I say a little because the in-laws house is hot, not warm, hot!!! Also, the bed seriously hurts my back AND I forgot to pack a bottle. I remembered the liners but not the bottle. Little R still drinks a bottle before bed. I know, bad mommy for not breaking her already. It was so pitiful though..she woke up once crying :I can't have it..bottle, I can't have it. I wanted to cry :(
On a happy note- We stopped by Battleship Park and little one got to touch an airplane. She now talks about kissing and hugging the airplane. Too cute.

No comments: